TU Berlin - Institute for Applied Geosciences - Department of Exploration Geology
At Technische Universität Berlin in the Institute of Applied Geosciences activities in sedimentary geology are concentrated in the Department of Exploration Geology. Due to a long tradition in Applied Geosciences the focus is on themes related to the exploration, evaluation and protection of georesources. Besides the Department of Exploration Geology, the Institute comprises departments in Applied Geophysics, Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology and Mineralogy/Geochemistry.
Major research topics in Exploration Geology are:
• 3D and 4D modelling of reservoirs
• Reservoir simulation and production technology
• Seismic stratigraphy and sequence stratigraphy
• Sedimentology of siliciclastic reservoirs
• Grain-size analysis
• X-ray diffractometer
• Specialized software: Petrel, Eclipse, Landmark, Petex, ENVI…
• Geochemical analysis (XRF, ICP-MS, AAS, TOC; in the Joint Geochemical Laboratory of the Faculty)
• SEM, TEM and microprobe (in central University laboratories)
Regional focus of sedimentary geology research
North German Basin, NW Europe, mainly northern Africa (e.g. Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Libya and Nigeria), Middle East (e.g. Syria).
B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Geotechnology
Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Dominik Dr. Robert Bussert
FG Explorationsgeologie FG Explorationsgeologie
Institut für Angewandte Geowissenschaften Institut für Angewandte Geowiss.
TU Berlin TU Berlin