The “Young DGGV” is a group of young geoscientists within the DGGV, which brings together students, young professionals as well as PhD students and postdocs. The group serves the networking and the exchange of experiences and facilitates the entry into the world of geosciences.
Geoscientific - Young - Well Connected
- Are you thinking about studying geosciences and wondering which location best suits your ideas?
- You are already studying geosciences and want to find out about possible career paths?
- You want to stay in science and exchange ideas with peers about the exciting and challenging aspects?
- You want to actively shape the future of geosciences in Germany?
- Or you are simply looking for other people from your field with whom you want to network to discuss current topics?
Then the jDGGV is exactly the group you have been looking for!
- Networking with other young geoscientists
- Orientation during your studies
- Information about your career options
- Help with problems and challenges
- Adventurous excursions
- Support for your first scientific conference
- And all the other benefits that DGGV membership brings you.
Meetings and Conferences
Conferences are only for people with longstanding professional experience and a high level of expertise, right? – Not at all!
Are you working on an interesting project as part of your bachelor or master thesis and would you like to present your results to a wider audience? No problem: There are junior sessions at various conferences giving the next generation of geoscientists the opportunity to present themselves and their work.
Are you registered for a conference for the first time and unsure about what to expect and how to get in touch with the other participants? In order to ensure you a smooth start into the day-to-day conference routine, the JDGGV organizes pre-conference warm-up-meetings, at which you will receive the latest conference news and schedules and mingle with other young participants in a relaxed atmosphere.
Where can I study Earth Sciences
In the future we would like to give you an overview of all geo-locations in Germany (and a bit beyond).
This page is under construction. If you want to see your institute in this list, please send us a short text to junge(at)dggv.de and info(at)dggv.de
Geo Career Paths
On these pages we would like to introduce you to the daily work and career of geoscientists and DGGV members in the profession. The information provided here is part of the online seminar series of the same name, which takes place every 3rd Monday of the month during the lecture period. The event provides an excellent opportunity to gain insight into various geospatial professions, ask questions, and get career guidance.
17.04.2023 | 15.05.2023 | 19.06.2023 | 03.07.2023