The Annual Conference of the Deutsche Geologische Gesellschaft – Geologische Vereinigung (DGGV – The German Geological Society), the Deutsche Mineralogische Gesellschaft (DMG – The German Mineralogical Society), the Paläontologische Gesellschaft (PalGes), the Deutsche Geophysikalische Gesellschaft (DGG- the German Geophysics Society) together with Dachverband Geowissenschaften (DVGeo) will be held 2–6 September 2018 at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität of Bonn in Germany.
The organising and scientific committee have identified 15 broad themes for the GeoBonn 2018 “Living Earth“ meeting aiming at providing a multidisciplinary discussion on recent results of exciting topics of the Earth and Material Sciences.
1. Early Earth
2. 50 years of plate tectonics
3. Mountain building from depth to surface
4. Dynamics of core and mantle
5. Sedimentary systems
6. Neotectonics, earthquakes, and natural hazards
7. Mineralogy, material science of the Earth
8. Groundwater resources and climate change
9. Earth materials, resources, and waste management
10. Fossil ecosystems
11. Fossilization and the quality of the fossil record
12. Applied and industrial micropalaeontology
13. Applied geophysics
14. 3D applications in the geosciences
15. Outreach, education, and the societal relevance of geosciences
We are now inviting the DGGV, DMG, PalGes, DGG communities to submit suggestions for sessions. In suggesting a session, you are requested to provide a title and short description of the session topic (max. 10 lines), to select the appropriate theme for this session and to suggest a max. of two session organisers.
Abstract submission: Deadline: 15 May 2018
The sessionsprogram is expected to be finalised by the end of December 2017 and will be made subsequently official on the GeoBonn website www.GeoBonn2018.de.